Bamyan

The Afghan National Army will create a battalion structure in the central Bamyan province, said a press statement issued by Bamyan governor office on Wednesday, February, 03.

Sayed Anwar Rahmati, the governor of Bamyan, in his meeting with Afghanistan’s chief of army staff, Yasin Zia, proposed foundation of a battalion structure in the central Bamyan, the statement said.

Gen. Zia, who traveled to Bamyan to attend a security meeting, said that the ANA will create a battalion structure in the province, according to the statement.

This development comes while a surge in violence has intensified across the country.

In November last year, for the very first time in nearly two decades, a twin blast killed as many as 14 people and 50 others wounded in the capital city of the central Bamyan province.

The Taliban denied responsibly for the attack but a footage leaked latter by local intelligence agency shows two young men confessing that they had coordinated Bamyan blast on directives given by the Taliban.

Even with a peace talks between the government and the Taliban hobble in Doha, targeted killing of government workers, journalists and rights activists has intensified in Afghanistan.

Earlier this morning, Wednesday, February 03, a bomb targeted a police vehicle in PD15 of Kabul, leaving one policeman dead and three more wounded.

Ferdaws Faramarz, spokesperson for Kabul police, confirmed that the accident took place in Tangi Tarakhil area in Kabul in which a police vehicle was targeted by a magnetic bomb.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

As early as yesterday, February 02, five civilians were wounded in three separate blasts that hit the capital, Kabul.

Over last couple of months, at least 15 people lost their lives in multiple blasts and targeted killings. On January 17, unknown gunmen shot dead two female judges in Kabul. Though the Taliban deny involvement in latest wave of targeted killings, Afghan security and intelligence agencies blame the Taliban for surge of violence in urban centers including Kabul. Over last couple of months, at least 12 people, including journalists, women rights activists, government employees and NGO workers, have been shot dead in targeted killings which went unclaimed.

The Afghan security agencies blame the Taliban for recent wave of violence and blasts which remain unclaimed.

A joint statement issued by western diplomatic missions in Kabul on January 31, said that the Taliban bears responsibility for the majority of targeted violence.

In latest wave of violence, as many as four Afghan security forces were killed after their outpost was hit by a car bomb in the southern Urozgan province, on Wednesday, according to local official.

Mohammad Omer Sherzad, the governor for Urozgan, told press that those killed include two Afghan army soldiers and two members of People’s Uprising Force.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

Two civilians lost their lives after a road side bomb went off in Sholgara district of Balkh province, a security source told Kabul Now, yesterday, February, 03.  Mohammad Hanef Rezaee, spokesperson for the 209 Shaheen Corps blamed the Taliban for planting the bomb. Five other civilians were wounded in the explosion, according to Mr. Rezaee.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *