Wednesday, August 07, 2019, a car packed with explosives detonated Police District 6 building in the western neighborhood of Kabul.
The explosion went off in a rush hour early this morning.
Nasrat Rahimi, spokesperson the Afghan Ministry of Interior, confirmed that a car bomb attack targeted PD6 in western Kabul. He said that as many as six civilians including a woman were killed in the attack.
On the other hand, Wahid Mayar, spokesperson for the Afghan Ministry of Public Health, said that as many as 95 people—mostly civilians—were wounded in this incident.
Unconfirmed reports suggest that over 20 civilians along with 10 police forces were killed, and as many as 100 people including women and children were wounded in today’s car bomb attack. Some of the wounded people are said to be in critical condition.
Footages caught after the blast show that PD6 building and facilities in its vicinity, where a military recruitment center is located, have largely been destroyed as result of today’s attack.
The Taliban have claimed responsibility for today’s car bomb attack on PD6.
The attack came while earlier on Monday, August 5, Zalmay Khalilzad, US Special Representative for Afghanistan’s Reconciliation, tweeted, “My team & Taliban representatives will continue to discuss technical details as well as steps and mechanisms required for a successful implementation of the four-part agreement we’ve been working toward since my appointment. Agreement on these details is essential.”
The Taliban, too, had earlier stated that “differences over talks” were resolved.